Ultrasound Education Library Part I, Introductory Series
Normal Neck Ultrasound Anatomy (Kepal Patel, MD, FACS)
Nodular Thyroid Disease (Sina Jasim, MD, MPH)
Physics of Ultrasound (Alex Tessnow, MD, MBA, ECNU)
Neck Ultrasound Reporting, part 1 – Background (Woody Sistrunk, MD)
Neck Ultrasound Reporting, part 2 – Case Examples (Woody Sistrunk, MD)
Thyroid Nodule Composition (Leslie Eldeiry, MD)
Ultrasound Features of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (Mark Lupo, MD)
Fine Needle Aspiration (Jennifer Kuo, MD, MS)
- Understand the anatomy of normal neck structures and ultrasound characteristics of the neck anatomy.
- Understand how we can use certain physics principles to improve visualization of structures on neck ultrasound, and demonstrate how artifacts of sound reflection on ultrasound can be used to assist in the evaluation of thyroid nodules.
- Understand the significance of thyroid nodules in clinical practice and discuss current guidelines for ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of thyroid nodules.
- Identify indications for FNA of cervical lymph nodes and parathyroid adenomas and understand the techniques used in FNA.
- Understand the challenges in nodule composition assessment on ultrasound.
- Understand and identify typical thyroid parenchyma changes seen in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and features of papillary thyroid cancer in Hashimoto’s on ultrasound.
- Understand the key components of neck ultrasound reporting and basics of ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration reporting.